Sunday, April 5, 2009

Lollipop Hiatus

I took a break from lollipop creations today to make some neat charmy things. I'm not quite sure what they are yet, but I think they're pretty charming.



I'm really into gold lately. A few years I couldn't stand gold. It reminded me of old ladies fifty percent of the time and the eighties the rest of the time. But I guess the eighties are coming back and I'm becoming an old lady. So gold's time has come for me.

Anyway, I set some recycled paper into little button frames. After I figure out the best way to glaze these and, more importantly, how to attach them to anything, they're probably going to become a pretty adorable charm bracelet.

I want to start a series called "Pretty Adorable."

About the lollipops, I think I'm going to try a gloss finish on them from now on. I did matte last time because I wanted them to look as real as possible, but I see how that is kind of, well, gross. But if I put a gloss finish on them they just look like they've been in someone's mouth. Life is so hard!

No comments: